Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm sure it is just "resting in the fuse box" and anything else would be an ecumenical matter :)
It's not resting,
'E's passed on! This flex is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the CU 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FLEX!!

Flex still live, shower cable is live too so not sure what that’s connected to yet. But there’s a 7.5kw shower working off something ?

I only nipped in to see what I’d be dealing with as got the call on way to another job and was passing.

Told them I’d be back to do a full EICR as that’s the only way I’m putting my name to any certificate.

I keep some old connector block and gaffa tape for that kind of thing

Wago boxes are strictly kept for posh jobs only...

It's not resting,
'E's passed on! This flex is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the CU 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FLEX!!
The cooker fuse is pining for the fjords floor too

This is weird! Last night I was going to attach this same monologue to the end of my answer to the "sparking SDS drill" thread. Just as I was typing the word "parrot", as I Googled "dead parrot sketch" to check on the wording, Newscast was just starting on the TV, and they said "parrot" at that exact time.
In the end, I decided it was too late in the day to transcribe all that, and now, the first thread I look at this morning, there it is....

This is weird! Last night I was going to attach this same monologue to the end of my answer to the "sparking SDS drill" thread. Just as I was typing the word "parrot", as I Googled "dead parrot sketch" to check on the wording, Newscast was just starting on the TV, and they said "parrot" at that exact time.
In the end, I decided it was too late in the day to transcribe all that, and now, the first thread I look at this morning, there it is....
I just copied and pasted, there was no way I would re-type all that!

This was at a different job today.

This plug runs behind the wardrobe...

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 873875F7-527A-494C-8BED-7D6A72650AF3 - EletriciansForums.net
Past this socket...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 089CCA76-8A6E-404B-B6D7-4B49966309F7 - EletriciansForums.net
Up to this socket to act as an extension. Then there is T&E in a plug to take power down to the socket on the pic above
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! E3E99300-0529-4EB8-BD45-02DA9F4F692A - EletriciansForums.net

DIY extension lead
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 8664239E-60D5-4324-A271-D2F636DDA525 - EletriciansForums.net

This plug runs down to the nicely coiled knot of cable around the rad pipe and out the hole in the wall to...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 54E072C9-A5E1-431E-890D-0B2E3C9BA800 - EletriciansForums.net

Outside and up to...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 07C380BC-C1E8-4A5C-B655-F7BB96C4C07B - EletriciansForums.net

This light and then across to...
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 0DEDC98B-CD47-43AE-B25F-F939FE82F24C - EletriciansForums.net

This light. All nicely done from a 13a plug. Pleasing to see they went top entry in the first light and bottom entry in the second. So only one gets affected by water ingress....
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_0737 - EletriciansForums.net

I'm not a trade but I came across this beauty the other day. My sister wanted her kitchen extractor hood changed. It was wired to a feed taken from the cooker switch. I went looking for the FCU and when I couldn't find one I guessed the connection must be behind one of the fitted kitchen cupboards. I prised the back of the cupboard above the cooker switch apart and saw the connection behind it (first image below). I cut a hole in the cupboard in the area and pulled through the taped connection. It wasn't even a taped block, just wires stuck together and wrapped up. Looks like a safe maintenance-free connection to me.

Attachments

• Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! e - EletriciansForums.net
    e.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! e1 - EletriciansForums.net
    e1.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! e2 - EletriciansForums.net
    e2.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 26
... I guessed the connection must be behind one of the fitted kitchen cupboards ...
We have an interesting feature in our kitchen. To provide for future needs, there's a flex sticking in through the back of two of the cupboards. My thoughts were "along the lines of" WTF is that there for, the last place I'd want to put the connections for an under cupboard light would be inside the cupboard. I got one done a while ago, the other hasn't reached the top of the "round tuit" list yet - but it means taking the cupboard off the wall (a two person job so one can handle the flex while the other handles the cupboard) to route the cable up the back so I can pop the LED driver on top of the cupboard.
But it was a BIY job.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock