Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I wonder what the CPC is being used for? 🤔

B41F16B3-4D8B-4213-83B0-DA0CF519D60D.jpeg

I do love finding stuff like this.

721E898E-623D-4F61-BB68-60A370DC77B7.jpeg

On with running a supply to a car ramp via an oldish 3x3 trunking, today.
Originally there were some fluorescent fittings fixed with bush and locknut system, changed to LEDs in the last couple of years.
To remove lid, I had to cut some cable ties wrapped completely round the 3X3, used to secure the lid, I presumed. On snipping, the fitting dropped, lazy twerps used the ties to hold the fittings up.

Not even put a locknut on that original bush.

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

Last edited:
On with running a supply to a car ramp via an oldish 3x3 trunking, today.
Originally there were some fluorescent fittings fixed with bush and locknut system, changed to LEDs in the last couple of years.
To remove lid, I had to cut some cable ties wrapped completely round the 3X3, used to secure the lid, I presumed. On snipping, the fitting dropped, lazy twerps used the ties to hold the fittings up.

Not even put a locknut on that original bush.

View attachment 104005

View attachment 104006

Fitting taken apart and the cables have been extended with T+E....so obviously done on the cheap by domestic dummies.

IMG_3653.jpg

This place is going to take some work. In addition to the pics below.

No earth to gas or water
Undersized main earth (it’s a single 2.5mm copper strand)
Consumer unit is Bakelite & Wood under the stairs and cover is damaged
No RCD protection and no supplementary bonding of any kind.
Boiler is also wired wrong as it fires up if you turn the hot water on. But doesn’t when heating is turned up. It is also supplied from the socket circuit and the immersion circuit.
No CPC’s are sleeved (trivial given the other issues)
T&E feeding the garage is supported by a washing line and i have an inkling it’s been used to hang washing as there are marks that look suspiciously like peg marks!

Pipe jockey also needs to come in as when the boiler does fire up, only the rads upstairs get warm, downstairs stays cold.

Bet they’re gonna wish they never asked me to come in now. I’ve got 26 observations so far with 15 being C1 & C2’s

1D2C3279-3F3B-4B6E-8DE2-F65F7E8C1306.jpeg
6E9697F9-64CA-4983-889A-3FBB8327F039.jpeg
C45FA195-6535-4020-93E6-18B21BE28989.jpeg
CA83606F-A058-45F8-A965-2E480612B0AA.jpeg
71526212-2B0B-4513-B03E-7414E76FCDED.jpeg

Just an observation, normally if the rads upstairs are heating and the downstairs are not, it's probably the pump is not working.
I did wonder. But it’s a new pump well it’s certainly shiny in comparison to the dust covered stuff in there and it’s digital.

I’ll wait to hear what the pipe jockey says. I think the landlord is a going to be upset at the remedial bill just before Christmas. 💷💷🤷🏼‍♂️

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock