Discuss DOE/PSA in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Following on from Sam's request, I thought I would try one, anyone on the Forum work for DOE/PSA from 1971 until Thatcher decimated the department in the late 80s?

Let us not forget they oversaw the moving and hiding of many a pervert teacher (cue;Fred Talbot) some of whom,had to forge careers in TV and Radio....decimation approved ;)

Let us not forget they oversaw the moving and hiding of many a pervert teacher (cue;Fred Talbot) some of whom,had to forge careers in TV and Radio....decimation approved ;)
Sorry?? not with you PEG

Last edited:
Not with either of you.:)
The PSA was a unit within the DofE which maintained RAF RN and Army bases in the UK and overseas, Electrical, Mechanical, Building and CE as well as Ground Maintenance, my post was to see if any forum members were ex PSA or had any dealings with them, PSA Property Services Agency

Aha! ok with you now. Nope, but my Father probably did stuff like that. He used to work in Bletchley Park. So must have been around stuff like that. Ex officer RN etc. That was Dan doing a double post I make no apologies.

Can you expand on your post PEG? as I have already mentioned, not sure, or understand your response, would be nice to know what you mean.

Aha! ok with you now. Nope, but my Father probably did stuff like that. He used to work in Bletchley Park. So must have been around stuff like that. Ex officer RN etc. That was Dan doing a double post I make no apologies.
Thanks for the reply

PSA thats a name from the past a system that worked reasonably well. Did loads of work for them doing Switchgear panels and Halon Fire Detection Systems why do you ask?

PSA thats a name from the past a system that worked reasonably well. Did loads of work for them doing Switchgear panels and Halon Fire Detection Systems why do you ask?
Well as you are kind enough to ask, I worked as a Maintence Electrician at RAF Colerne in Wiltshire from 1971 until 74 when I was posted to RAF Troodos in Cyprus for 1 year I came back to the UK and worked in Bath where I was born, until I was seconded to the FCO to act as a Foreman Supervisor in the British Embassy in Moscow, for about 3 and a half years, returned to UK as a PTO 4 and posted to Warminster Salisbury Plain, did about 2 years PSA went breasts up and I transferred to FCOS services in MK where I worked until I retired 2 years ago, good enough for you? just trying to find out if any forum members also worked for them,;):):confused::oops:o_O:rolleyes:

Sounds like you have had an interesting career. Pleased you are on the forum and keeping up with things, keeps the grey cells working, nice if you can help some of the youngsters on here and pass on valuable skills. Never been directly employed by PSA myself however have loads of old stories about working on various sites around the world no doubt like yourself most not suitable for this site. Have a good weekend.

Following on from Sam's request, I thought I would try one, anyone on the Forum work for DOE/PSA from 1971 until Thatcher decimated the department in the late 80s?
I joined the PSA (Grosvenor Road, SW1, London) as an electrician in 1975 in the Special Electronics Section (part of the Lift Group based in Orange Street, London), went on to HMS Warrior Northwood to work in the hole, RAF Bentley Priory and took VER when the PSA was privatised.

I joined the PSA (Grosvenor Road, SW1, London) as an electrician in 1975 in the Special Electronics Section (part of the Lift Group based in Orange Street, London), went on to HMS Warrior Northwood to work in the hole, RAF Bentley Priory and took VER when the PSA was privatised.
Did you ever get the chance to travel overseas?

Reply to DOE/PSA in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock