Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Does an external socket outlet need notifying in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'd be grateful for some advice on the following. I am planning to install an external socket outlet on the outside wall of the kitchen, i was going to run a fused spur from the ring main (there is an existing internal socket in just the right place), however, the building regs state that "adding socket-outlets and fused spurs to existing ring or radial circuits is required to be notified to Building Control". I presume the same rules apply if the socket is going to be external?

Thanks for any help
Down2earth (halfway through domestic installer course)

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
R

revolt3k

You have to notify if the work done is in either a special location (Bathroom, Outside) or installation (kitchen).
So yes you will have to notify your local building control.

B

baldsparkies

Yes I'm afraid that one is notifiable,if your coming from an existing circuit,it's on a minor works.

Reply to Does an external socket outlet need notifying in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom