Discuss Does anyone know any good young lads in the Essex area? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello fellas. Does anyone know of any good, eager young lads in the Essex area. Looking for people who already know the basics, changing sockets, switches , lights etc. Not looking for someone who needs constant looking after, can work on their own initiative but will only be doing basic bits, hopefully at a decent pace. Have seen lads been treated like ---- in the past but I’m not about that at all. Just looking for a good honest hard worker who’s eager to learn. If anyone knows of anyone then let me know. Thanks

Yeah that makes sense mate. Do need people with some experiance though to be fair. Like I say they only really need to be wiring sockets, switches and pendants though

Hello fellas. Does anyone know of any good, eager young lads in the Essex area. Looking for people who already know the basics, changing sockets, switches , lights etc. Not looking for someone who needs constant looking after, can work on their own initiative but will only be doing basic bits, hopefully at a decent pace. Have seen lads been treated like ---- in the past but I’m not about that at all. Just looking for a good honest hard worker who’s eager to learn. If anyone knows of anyone then let me know. Thanks
Be careful Mate you will have the Bill after you :smilingimp: :D;)

Why? I think the title is fairly straight forward mate don’t you? I’m looking for a young lad with a bit of experiance. I was wiring sockets, switches and pendants in my first year as I’m sure many others were

Why? I think the title is fairly straight forward mate don’t you? I’m looking for a young lad with a bit of experiance. I was wiring sockets, switches and pendants in my first year as I’m sure many others were
My reply was a joke, Mate I knew what you meant as I, suspect many others did.

Be careful Mate you will have the Bill after you :smilingimp: :D;)

I know mate. I’ve posted jobs on here before and got nothing but aggro. Thought I’d give it another try lol
[automerge]1568956824[/automerge]
Sorry Pete I was replying to anthonybragg
[automerge]1568957047[/automerge]
just reread the title and see what yous mean lol I’ll change it
[automerge]1568957115[/automerge]
If I knew how

Last edited:
I know mate. I’ve posted jobs on here before and got nothing but aggro. Thought I’d give it another try lol
If I knew how
Thought you might be just didn't want any confusion.

Call our careers advisors on 020 3667 0047 or 020 3667 0127, or email them at [email protected].

Barking and Dagenham technical college is in Essex. I cannot find a name but have found the contact details of the careers advice office.

Essex lads are good grafters and ambitious to succeed. Perhaps you could visit and do some talent hunting?

:)

Last edited:
Hi all
I am looking for work in Kent, I'm based near Dover but willing to travel. Recently finished my C&G Level 3 and 18th Edition and looking to gain some experience. I have tools and transport, ECS and I am CIS registered. Please message me if you have anything suitable.
Many thanks.
Sam

Good Morning All,

I wonder if any of you more accomplished Electricians could help with this?, I have completed 2365 level 2 and 3, 18th BS7671 have IPAF 3a and 3b plus asbestos awareness,. whilst looking for work and experience I seem to be struggling and was looking for additional ideas of where to find possible opportunities,.

Currently I have some part time work with a local Electrician and am hoping that will continue, I have also posted my CV around all the local Electricians in my area and applied for numerous jobs online and spoken to many agencies. Is there a shortage of mates work out there currently? am I asking or saying the wrong things. I am based in Kent and am willing to travel so I have not put restrictions on what I'm looking for

Any advice or pointers would be greatly received

Thank you in advance

Maybe one of these could help you out?

I'm about to make a forum area where people can ask for such a situation, and also those who are a sparks mate can put their name out there for people to then search.

Just checking with staff as to how to word it. :)

Call our careers advisors on 020 3667 0047 or 020 3667 0127, or email them at [email protected].

Barking and Dagenham technical college is in Essex. I cannot find a name but have found the contact details of the careers advice office.

Essex lads are good grafters and ambitious to succeed. Perhaps you could visit and do some talent hunting?

:)

Thanks for the info Marconi. Appreciate it. I will give them a call on Monday and see if I can set up a meeting. Thanks again.
[automerge]1569000671[/automerge]
Maybe one of these could help you out?

Thanks James I will contact them directly. Appreciate the effort mate ?
[automerge]1569000831[/automerge]
I'm about to make a forum area where people can ask for such a situation, and also those who are a sparks mate can put their name out there for people to then search.

Just checking with staff as to how to word it. :)
I think that’s a great idea dan to be honest. A good way for new sparks to make their way into the industry and also helps company’s like mine out. Great idea. Hopefully it’ll be up and running soon ?

If I knew how
Sorry mate I knew what you meant, but when you are scrolling through the posts at first glance you've got to admit it looked the opposite. Belated apologies no offence meant.

Barking college only uses J.I.B apprentices through the JTL. I used to go that college many years ago and have been told they are staying the same due to funding. Maybe try Havering college

Reply to Does anyone know any good young lads in the Essex area? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock