Discuss Does anyone know how to diagnose a faulty Dimplex Opti-Myst? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a Dimplex Opti-Myst and it's become faulty. I changed the ceramic rings to be on the safe side after I needed to change the 24v fan on the side of the water tank but still very little is going on. Very faint whisps of steam rise, in fact I'd say less steam since replacing the fan, but was very faint before.

Here is a video showing the ceramic discs must be working as there's vibration in that area.

I don't want to keep spending as the 24v fan wasn't cheap and the discs so, so far I've spend over £50 with no improvement. Next I am thinking of replacing the Opti-Myst unit, but how can I tell if its definitely that? Does the vibration in the water suggest all is OK?

Thanks
Louis

TL;DR
Opti Myst not producing much steam, new ceramic discs fitted.

Reply to Does anyone know how to diagnose a faulty Dimplex Opti-Myst? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock