Discuss Does anyone know if the EICR forms have landed with NICEIC yet please? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering as I've been using the PIR's as instructed by NIC but haven't had chance to ring them today and got a PIR/EICR this week where the clients head office has circulated a mail saying something along the lines of don't accept PIR's they should be using EICR's.

Cheers

Last edited:
You shoul be using EICR's.

NICEIC are blatently breaking the regulations.

Also take a look outside the NICEIC camp and you'll see everyone else using EICR's

I take your point but at last check they didn't have any new forms avaiable. I know there's a really good sticky on here but I'd rather stick with the serial numbered books from the NIC as I write them out by hand.

The only thing I would say about the regs being broken is they both should pick up on the same issues it's just a different format essentially.

The only thing I would say about the regs being broken is they both should pick up on the same issues it's just a different format essentially.

I can't remember the exact wording but the BGB says someting like "for installations of 100A supplies or less the EICR should be used from 1st January 2012"

You don't have to use NIC EIC pads, or software, by the way

I'll probably use the EICR on the sticky as they probably don't have any yet...I do take your point and it's a fair one. As I said I've got to use the EICR for this one anyway hence the 1st post.

Just out of interest, if I use the one from the sticky how do I go about giving it a serial number, or is that just an NIC thing and not a requirement?

Each EIC, EICR and MWC you issue needs to have a unique number. You can make a register on an excel spreadsheet if you like and the numbering is free.

If I were you I'd buy PIRform and use that.

Company wont buy me a laptop to run it on hence why I hand write, hand write more versatile for me out on site too. Will get in the 21st century at some point am sure! Had a look at PIRform, looks quite smart. We did have that or something similar before but the computer it was on went down and we went back to handwriting. Cheers for your thoughts

They are available, as are the other certs up to date with amendment 1.

I got some a couple of weeks ago and although they don't offer express delivery on them they were here in a few days

Kewtech have now released their versions Scr£fix has TC3 and TC5 but you have to get TC4 and TC7 from else where remember to look for the red ribbon on the front as suppliers are trying to fob people off with the old PIR documentation

Most software has released new test sheets, personally based over a 12 month period it's got to be cheaper to purchase software licence as NICEIC stuff is ridiculously expensive, and even their own engineers agree! Plus with software PDF your test sheets, easier for them file and no printing costs either!

Kewtech have now released their versions Scr£fix has TC3 and TC5 but you have to get TC4 and TC7 from else where remember to look for the red ribbon on the front as suppliers are trying to fob people off with the old PIR documentation

Just to add I have got a full set I goy TC3&5 from Scr£wfix and TC4&7 from P0werdiscountLLP

Reply to Does anyone know if the EICR forms have landed with NICEIC yet please? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net