Discuss Does anyone know where i could get a led strip light set up that is powered by a force sensitive resistor/weight sensor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ultimately for my project im making a lamp which will be powered by the weight of an object. So i want to power the whole led strip lighting solely through placing an object on the weight sensor pad. If anyone knows where i could buy a setup like this or how i could go about making it myself that would be great :)

Hi - to generate meaningful electricity you are going to need motion, not just a force. You could use a weight on a string over a pulley to turn a shaft, but it will stop when the weight hits the ground. Gravity from the Moon can be used to generate power in the form of tidal generators and gravity from the Earth is used in hydroelecricity.

.....powered by the weight of an object. So i want to power the whole led strip lighting solely through placing an object on the weight sensor pad....
You mean you want the weight of the object to actually generate power to run the lights or you want the weight of an object to operate some type of switch which connects power from a plug-in power supply to the lights?

Pressure mat similar to alarm system ones maybe. How heavy is the object? If it's very light you may need to be looking at a strain gauge with amplifier circuit which then switches a power transistor/relay whatever.

Reply to Does anyone know where i could get a led strip light set up that is powered by a force sensitive resistor/weight sensor? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Next week I'm starting to build a few built-in wardrobes for the bedrooms and I've hit a brick wall on the lightning element. Normally I run 1.5mm...
Replies
Views
I just installed some 24V LED Lighting Strips single colour in my kitchen and it seems at every point where I added a quick connector that...
Replies
Views
I’m in the process of creating a jewelry box in solid oak, where the lid of the box acts as a mirror. I’m exploring the possibility of adding LED...
Replies
Views
My view on life, in any field, is not to produce more but to consume less. Everybody told me this is a very eccentric weird mentality. Perhaps...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock