Discuss Does Anyone Recognise this Steel Trunking Please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pcsiltd

I am on a job in Abingdon, and struggling to find the make of this trunking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 103
yoummay be right lenny, i cant see a proper manufacturer having pop rivets poking thorugh into the trunking. Not that theres anything wrong with using rivets, (thats how i was taught), bit you would expect a spot weld from a proper bought trunking.

It does look like 3 comp 9x3 which is available from wholesalers as special order. I've only ever used the oblong profile though not as in the image with one side angled at 45degrees.

Also as John siad, the dividers are usually spot welded.

Thanks for all your help. The pop rivet looks as though it is a repair as the rest of it is spot welded. It measures 72 x 1 1/2". The building is on top of the old MG factory, so I guess it is around 1980.

Regards

Nick

The pop rivet is a repair and it is skirting trunking and you should be able to get the same or similar as I've used stuff very similar to that only a year and a half ago. Don't ask me where but you can get almost any variation of trunking and containment you want nowadays.

Hello Mogga have a look for a company called armorduct systems installed this a while ago on a job i was on and that was the name on it. Not sure if you buy it direct but that might help you.

Just found their web site and they do have something like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Does Anyone Recognise this Steel Trunking Please? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net