Discuss Does nobody give a F* anymore about workmanship?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday's job was to add a 3ph PV feed into a brand new installation installed by others (the M&E I was doing it for had done the PV side only, the other electrical contractors had decided to skip that circuit and so they'd got me in).

From the first glance it's a nice job, if slightly over-engineered maybe.......

20210705_114420.jpg

But then I opened the box.....

IMG_8847.JPG

There's only NINE, brand new circuits, it's an EASY task to dress off, clear the swarf out, not leave combustible paper inside....

???

Being generous, it looks like it was thrown in on the morning the system was supposed to be handed over, when someone realised there were no test results for that area and found all the cables still coiled up in the trunking. Still no excuse for taping brown cores with red tape!

I have seen dist board replacements where the existing red and blacks are wrapped their entire length with brown and blue tape.

Being generous, it looks like it was thrown in on the morning the system was supposed to be handed over, when someone realised there were no test results for that area and found all the cables still coiled up in the trunking. Still no excuse for taping brown cores with red tape!
Sadly your generosity is misplaced - apparently they were at this for weeks!!

The inside and outside are completely mismatched with regards pride taken to workmanship. This makes no sense which means there are factors that we are not seeing.

It could be 2 different people.
Some sort of mad rush at the end for genuine reasons (although I think not, as you wouldn't take the time to sleeve then).
Someone who only cares about what people think about them, therefore they had to do the outside well but not the inside (I'm just trying to be clever now, but it's possible)

I think 2 different people, as the work is so different.

Meter at the middle bottom of the first photo with live terminals uncovered potentially?
We spotted that - as simple as they hadn't removed the knock-outs from the bottom cover, but it wasn't live anyway so we left it alone.

The sad thing is on first look from the outside it looks like a decent install

yet start opening up lids and it’s a dogs breakfast

no pride , no care , slap dash , looks like it was wired in a rush at 3 on a Friday

I think 2 different people, as the work is so different.
That is my take, good mechanical work on getting trunking, etc, all in place then nothing much for electrics.

Odd this is the swarf, that ought to have been part of mechanical install and so you would expect the same care in sorting that out prior to the electrical side?

Odd and crap in the same image!

Those top TP+N tails are a bit of a spoiler, white taped........and look like they're hooked on a coat peg.

Reply to Does nobody give a F* anymore about workmanship?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net