Discuss does the 2391 finish in july 2012? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

just seen a post on a site that the 2391-10 finishes in July 2012, i thought it was finished in DEC 2011?.

also why do i read everywhere that its last chance and seems so important that you get it in before the deadline surely you can just take the new one, is the 2391 regarded and the holy grail compared to the new one.? is the new one 2395.?

thanks
Grand

hey grandfortune,
i myself am currently finishing off the 2391 course. It does indeed finish as 2391 and will be called 2395. My understanding is the 2 1/2hour 2391 written paper which includes part a and part b making up a total mark will be split into seperate sections on the newer 2395. Effectively breaking it into 2 exams as opposed to 1 single exam comprising 2 parts. Hope this helps.
Duncan

Esentially what they have done is split the current 2391-10 up into 2 seperate courses.

The 2394 covers initial verification of installations whilst the 2395 covers the periodic inspection of installations.

IMO this was done because the pass rate of the current 2391 was always low.

As for content, apparently there is no difference between them, only that the new courses are in line with this new QCF framework.

There is also the 2396 which replaces the existing 2391-20 design, erection & verification.

Esentially what they have done is split the current 2391-10 up into 2 seperate courses.

The 2394 covers initial verification of installations whilst the 2395 covers the periodic inspection of installations.

IMO this was done because the pass rate of the current 2391 was always low.

As for content, apparently there is no difference between them, only that the new courses are in line with this new QCF framework.

There is also the 2396 which replaces the existing 2391-20 design, erection & verification.

Nice one Lenny, save me writing a load of speel again about it.
The 2394 and 2395 will be no easier unless serious attention is paid to GN3 as the 2391. The main difference will be that anyone taking the courses will get credits for the parts that they pass, and will be exempt from those parts if they do the courses over a period of time, this is how the QCF works.

I am running it as one course, with one practical 2394, which will count for 2395 as well, 1 online test which qualifies for both anyway, and 2 written tests (1 for each qual) set by C&G.

My thinking behind doing the practical as one is,

Initial verification tests have to be done in the correct order, periodic tests can be done in any order. So if you pass 2394, then you pass 2395 by default anyway. The downside is that candidates will have to fill in an EIC, schedule of tests and inspections, and an EICR and all that goes with it.

Cheers.............Howard

so what happens if you have your 2391 allready surely you dont have to do these new exams and what are the employers going to ask for 2391 2395 2396 crazy this if people are failing this 2391 then study harder until you pass it

Its just strange that looking into it the 2391 seems the choice and is regarded as the bee's knees. was wondering if the new one was watered down or something
While the collection of new courses may be equivalent to the old 2391 I expect that is what people will be saying for years to come, as it seems they do when all courses are changed.
People know what the 2391 is so I don't see the point of changing it - I reckon splitting it into 3 or 4 different courses will only add to the confusion as to whether or not someone is 'qualified' and explaining 'how qualified' an electrician is to someone who sees the courses as 'just a load of numbers'.

Lenny. 2392-10 .

Justa quick Question . my friend if youdon’t mind .
Mostour junior Members will be asking this Question,

Anynews about 2392-10 . / 2012 . anychanges ! in thenear future . will it remain in place . Thank You .

Reply to does the 2391 finish in july 2012? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net