Discuss domestic cu's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi folks was wonderin wat kind of consumer units u's are using at the min? im not long started out myself and still chopping and changing, have been usin control gear this past few weeks

Wylex for me, Ive used allsorts but came back to Wylex with the advent of RCBO's. They have loads of space above the din rail and are a dream to work with. Good prices as well and everyone stocks the bits. so it dont matter where you are working any Wholesaler will have wylex bits.. Avoid GE, they have no room at all especially when you start getting into 12 way and bigger.

Cheers.........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
must say i find control gear tight for space wen usin rcbos but like the price, hager rcbos still bit pricey especially wen other people tendering for jobs usin any cheap crap they can lay they're hands on, how much u gettin the hagar, wylex, mk rcbos for?

used,

Hager :D
Chint :D
Eaton/Mem :(

worked on

Contactum :(
Wylex :)

i prefer chint and Hagar! but always look at to see whats on special

Always used wylex, loads room and smart boards, and range between 69 and 50 quid, with ten mcbs etc, volex the same, but mcbs are 16 not 20s, quite often have a few mcbs left over from a change, so got a nice stock on board when a customer wants something else etc.

Just put in a Hager today, brilliant amount of space for rcbo's, though rcbo's are dear at the moment 27+ vat. Have also put in an MK this week nice too all rcbo's loads of room same can't be said about the cupboard I had to put it in, getting their rcbo's for 20+ vat.

The contract I'm doing at the moment we had to use Crabtree starbreaker boards and crabtree skeleton type ones as well. I was a bit sus at first, but I really like the starbreaker boards. The enclosed busbar makes it a lot easier to do live work on, and easy to configure breakers/rcbos. I'm sold on them now

Hager Hager Hager for both C.Us and dist. boards used to use M.K. CUs and Merlin Dist boards but got fed up with carrying 2 makes of breakers

just fitted a magnum c/u cheap but good ÂŁ60 loaded

This is a Magnum 6 way board that I'm fitting

Now, I know what you'r thinking, has he used 5 ways or 6.
To tell the truth, in all the excitement of me fitting this new consumer unit I've forgotten myself.

Has he used 5 or 6 ways? You tell me.

Make my day punk.

This is a Magnum 6 way board that I'm fitting

Now, I know what you'r thinking, has he used 5 ways or 6.
To tell the truth, in all the excitement of me fitting this new consumer unit I've forgotten myself.

Has he used 5 or 6 ways? You tell me.

Make my day punk.

Terrible thing, Alcohol.

Last edited:
I've tried a few........ But Wylex high integrity are without question the best. These boards are accepted with all the councils and as mentioned in a previous post all wholesalers stock mcbs and rcbos

Mark

Reply to domestic cu's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock