Discuss domestic cut out, help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benieb

Hi,

I have some properties that need have been fitted with new supplies. The metering people turned up with the fuses but no carrier and told us that they dont supply the carrier. UK power networks are saying that they dont supply the carrier.

is there someone that know who is responsible for suppling them? or do you know where i can but the carriers from?

many thanks for your help

I'd have thought that the network suppliers provided the carrier? Down here in Cornwall this is Western Power, though on my work they've also supplied the fuse as well. This is the result of the crazy fragmentation of the supply network. You'll not be able to fit the carriers yourself.

In saying they're not responsible did they not say who was? Sorry, don't know your area I'm afraid.

Reply to domestic cut out, help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a customer who has a kiosk with 100 amp cut out fuse supplied from UK power, he needs to bring the power 178 meters to his house, He...
Replies
Views
Got an EV (Nissan Townstar EV) in my house, has a Zappi EV charger installed (by myself) and notified via ENA form to Scottish Power energy...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views
What are peoples opinion's on this, pair of big old semi-detached houses (85 and 87) converted into apartments, dont think its a HMO although it...
Replies
Views
I am doing a new consumer unit install on a second story ex council flat. I’ve notice the mains come in in metal conduit with no CPC. On checking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock