Discuss Domestic Electrical Installation Cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SensesFailYou

Hi Guys

Quick question about filling out a Domestic Electrical Instalation Cert for the NICEIC. I have changed a consumer unit, Added a few circuits and a sub main to a garage. The System is TNCS so i took a SWA XLPE cable to the garage with the outer shief eartherd at both ends along with the internal earth both of which i connected with a conector block in the garage CU and into the earthing terminal in the house. I Installed an earth rod for the garage making it a TT system which leads me onto my question:

Will i complete a seperate installation cert for both as the Domestic Electrical instalaltion cert does not have anything about submains on it and i have changed the system from a TNCS to a TT in the garage? If not how do i record this on an domestic installation cert?

Many thanks

Gary

You can Just fill in a continuation sheet for the second board and make sure the cert number is written on it matching the actual certificate, staple them together and Bobs your uncle.

what about recording the Ze or Zdb of the garage as this is not on the sheet? and describing what earthing system the garage now is? as the Zs for the garage circuits will be considerably higher than the house etc?

the continuation sheet asks for the zs and pfc/psc on the top and you just record there, you can write the ZE reading next to it if you like, no need to over complicate it, if the readings are down and the installation certified then you have done your job right.

on the NICEIC domestic Cert it doesnt have the box at the top of the sheet (Circuit Detaisl) for submains etc. It does on the normal Electrical Installation cert that you use for commercial and industrial but for the domestic it just asks for the pfc. Strange an annoying as i have bought printer friendly NICEIC certs rather than the commercial/industrial ones as they cater for more circuits etc

when you fill in your first test sheet which is part of the actual certificate one of the circuits will be the sub main run yes? so your certifying the sub main there, when you fill in your continuation sheet for the garage board you record the ZE on it, just write the reading on there and a little note saying this board has been converted to a TT system and that's that.

Hi,

Forgive me if I have read your original post incorrectly, but you say you have Earthed the cable at both ends and installed an Earth Rod. To me this sounds like an extension of the TN-CS ( nothing wrong with that ) and the addition of an Earth Rod , not aTT system.

regards.

Hi,

Forgive me if I have read your original post incorrectly, but you say you have Earthed the cable at both ends and installed an Earth Rod. To me this sounds like an extension of the TN-CS ( nothing wrong with that ) and the addition of an Earth Rod , not aTT system.

regards.

I have earthed the armoured and used the internal earth at the house end in the earthing terminal for the relevant circuit number. in the garage I have connector blocked the outer earth and inner earth together separate from the garages earthing terminal where the rod is connected along with garage circuits separating it from the houses earthing arrangement.

Hope this makes sense writing this as I'm pulling in 95mm 5 core in a factory haha

Hi,

regards.

That's what I thought, too! Unless the earth has been divorced then its still just the TNCS exported....in which case does the cable size meet the requirements for bonding and earthing?

Reply to Domestic Electrical Installation Cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock