CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

barrymilne

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All,

On completion of a complete rewire, once all the testing is complete I will be required to issue a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate.

Under the design, construction inspection and testing section on page 1 there is a box under the writing "The results of the inspection and testing reviewed by". Now I tend to work on my own, so is it necessary for this box to be signed, and if not then what should be entered here.

Cheers

Barry

W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi All,

On completion of a complete rewire, once all the testing is complete I will be required to issue a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate.

Under the design, construction inspection and testing section on page 1 there is a box under the writing "The results of the inspection and testing reviewed by". Now I tend to work on my own, so is it necessary for this box to be signed, and if not then what should be entered here.

Cheers

Barry
Barry if the certificate is a simliar type to/or the NICEIC certificate this is what it says in the NICEIC book for Inspection, Testing and Certification under the Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate:

('Green' meaning a contractor awaiting the NICEIC membership approval)

'For the unconrolled (green) versions of the certificate, the completed schedules of inspection and testing should be preferably be reviewed by another competent person to confirm that the record results are consistant with electrical installation work conforming the requirements of BS7671. The review should be confirmed by sisgning in the approoiate box.'

I personally think this is just an NICEIC thing, as this is not on the Regs book cert.

Hope it helps!

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
M

montybaber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so does that mean the NIC doesnt trust anyone unless they are paying them money

makes sense!:confused:

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom