Discuss domestic ring main with FCU connected directly to the ring feeding sockets in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

john h owen

Hi I am using a fused spur unit fused 13A fed from a ring main in a lean too shed for additional sockets.
Is there a problem fitting on the end another spur box fused 2A to feed a light controlled by a 1 way switch the load of equipment only comes to 5A, supplied off the 13A spur?

Reply to domestic ring main with FCU connected directly to the ring feeding sockets in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
I found a 13A FCU, connected to the kitchen ring supplying an outdoor junction box, providing two SWA 2.5mm radials. Unconventional? yes. One...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m looking to install an outside light as a spur from a socket on a ring main. There is already a spur from this socket supplying...
Replies
Views
Ok. Can you cut a ring in half, add junction box, then run a spur off it? I thought it had to be from a socket? Mate of mine wanted me to see if...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My mother wants a double socket adding next to a desk, behind the desk there is a 10mm (i dont know the MCB in the Consumer Unit) which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock