Discuss Domestic wireless burglar alarm system recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys, after some recommendations re a decent wireless alarm system.
It's a new build house all completed. I'm a retired electrician with very little experience with hard wired alarm systems and none whatsoever with wireless. I'm thinking if possible, 2 x door contacts, (1 x E/E) 2 x PIR's ground floor and 1 x PIR landing (part set). End station to be sited in landing cupboard (if wireless ones are about) Remote keypad if allowed in entrance hall.
Basically, I want to install an alarm system as easily as possible.
Hope above makes sense.
Many thanks, be gentle.

We have Ring detectors and cameras inside and outside of our home which communicate with my wife's iphone wherever we are in the world and their is a mobile signal. One can also subscribe for a cloud based recording service which is useful if anyone ever did break into the house. All easy to install and set up. For the surveillance camera there is a piercing siren which can be remotely or automatically activated and the ability to speak to someone through its internal loudspeaker.

Ring Alarm Security System - https://shop.ring.com/pages/security-system

We have Ring detectors and cameras inside and outside of our home which communicate with my wife's iphone wherever we are in the world and their is a mobile signal. One can also subscribe for a cloud based recording service which is useful if anyone ever did break into the house. All easy to install and set up. For the surveillance camera there is a piercing siren which can be remotely or automatically activated and the ability to speak to someone through its internal loudspeaker.

There is a downside to all these smart cameras and the like, they require internet access, usually via wifi.
There has been cases in this area of burglars cutting the incoming phone cable, resulting in a loss of internet, it renders a lot of them next to useless, especially if there is no internal storage( some have taken the ring camera away with them to be extra sure). If they are all masked up then you wont see them anyway on the footage. if there is no internet then there is no alert to your phone. They wont stop committed crooks.

Re#7 What do you recommend the OP installs? Or not to bother?
Thanks for that, appreciated. I'll look on their site. I'd be interested in CCTV also. I've installed hard wired systems (own home) before.

Re#7 What do you recommend the OP installs? Or not to bother?
Depends on what he is trying to protect. I know of a very wealthy person locally who has phone line connection to his alarm, and it also has dual sim card connection to monitoring centre. if the signal is jammed it looses its ability to check in every minute of so with a remote centre. if the monitoring firm cant contact after so many tries they contact owner or call police. he also has his cctv remotely monitored too.
over kill for your average home, but i was making the point that ring and others do very slick marketing campaigns that give a false sense of security, even a half wit burglar would be able to outwit a ring system without too much technical know how.

Great feedback guys, thanks. Can these wireless systems be coupled with a TV? Or is it just computers, ipads, mobile phones? I'd like to view what cameras are showing / recorded.

Try Verisure alarm system, there pretty good, I work with the people within security and engineer department of securitas and verisure. Do let me know if you need any advice or assistance.

Reply to Domestic wireless burglar alarm system recommendations in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock