CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Doom & Gloom ahead? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkysam

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Im in swindon and have been an industrial/commercial subby for about 10 years all across the south, ive been on with a large job for a year now and recently people who have been dropped have said theres no work about, also agencies have been calling daily to try place new blokes

has anyone else noticed a drop in work?

is this the beginning of a big recession?

Sam

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup Sam, I am in Stroud an it is hitting Glos already sadly:(

S

Sparkysam

Yup Sam, I am in Stroud an it is hitting Glos already sadly:(
so what do we do when this happens? cant just not work

Sam

P

PAUL M

I Do Mainly Domestic Work And I Never Been So Busy.heres Hoping It Stays That Way.

C

Cirrus

Luckily for me Sam, my work is council refurbs so no matter if the recession takes hold, I will be lucky enough to have plenty o work as the council spends continue regarless. My private work has virtually dried up altogether though.

J

jibspark

This isnt looking good!

Ive been working at gatwick for about 4 years and its never been this quiet!

W

wayne

when the **** hit the fan ,..... we started shovelling

S

Sparkysam

Luckily for me Sam, my work is council refurbs so no matter if the recession takes hold, I will be lucky enough to have plenty o work as the council spends continue regarless. My private work has virtually dried up altogether though.
i do a lot of council schools but if the works drying up then there will be more people looking to do the work and for a lot less

a lot of the big builders are halting new housing projects as the property market slumps which means there will be a lot of sparks out of work already

Sam

C

Cirrus

Ah, I work on price (on the books) for a big building company which has a 10 year contract;)

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Doom & Gloom ahead? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom