Discuss door alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

goldie

Hi everyone.
I have had a request to fit a door alarm system. Basically client needs a buzzer fitted within an office that will operate when either the front or back door opens at night time only.
I have a general idea of fitting 2x door magnets, when door opens buzzer activates, psu fed by electronic timer so we can choose the time of day to be energised. I just wondered if there are any ready made kits on the market to suit this.
Would be even better if buzzer was situated within a panel stating which door/ zone has been activated.
Many thanks

You are on the right lines I don't know of any kits you could use 2 different sounders to identify which door has been opened but this isn't easy as the doors stay nc going open you need something going from open to closed to complete the circuit when the door is open there are relays on the market that if a signal pair goes open it will close another pair on the opposite side of the relay thus sounding your sounders . You could fit these all in an ip box adjacent each door with a sounder on each one and a timer and transformer somewhere else

Hi everyone.
I have had a request to fit a door alarm system. Basically client needs a buzzer fitted within an office that will operate when either the front or back door opens at night time only.
I have a general idea of fitting 2x door magnets, when door opens buzzer activates, psu fed by electronic timer so we can choose the time of day to be energised. I just wondered if there are any ready made kits on the market to suit this.
Would be even better if buzzer was situated within a panel stating which door/ zone has been activated.
Many thanks

Bassically what your after are standard door contacts.

Screw the magnet to the door and the one with the cable in above etc

I know that standard door contacts would work but my question 'is are there any kits out there on the market that can serve my requirements above'
Thanks anyway

If you cannot find anything suitable, PM me I'll build you one from scratch shouldn't be that hard to build.
Thanks monjoor. The kit camerabloke has suggested looks to be fine, cost not bad either.
I thought about a buzzer/relays/transformer etc within an ip rated box or utilising a 2 zone fire panel or intruder alarm panel to wire back to but that was a last resort. Thanks for the offer though.

I am glad you took Camerabloke`s advice......door contacts on their own connected to a buzzer & psu will just burn the contacts out. They cannot handle switching much current loads.

Reply to door alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net