Discuss Door shutter rcd! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello
I have an oportunity to take one big commercial job!
there would be 4 -3 phase door shutter!i think 16 amps socket!
should i put rcd on each shutter or one enought for 4 shutter?
should i protect the ciruitS by rcd?
the cable will run on very high level on the cable tray !
if yes ,where can i find the fuseboard where i would fitt single phase rcbos and 3 phase rcd-s in same fuseboard ?
please advice or sudgest for me!
please dont contempt me!
REGARDS

Socket outlets for commercial will require RCD protection unless as risk assessment is carried out.

You could have one DB supplying all four doors with one RCD main switch to cover all circuits or all of them could have individual protection. This is for you to assess and design accordingly in discussion with your customer.

What is the intended use of the building?

Could the doors be hard wired into isolator switches?

Without the knowledge to complete the work and even source the materials maybe yoh should pass on this job opportunity or seek help with it

Socket outlets for commercial will require RCD protection unless as risk assessment is carried out.

You could have one DB supplying all four doors with one RCD main switch to cover all circuits or all of them could have individual protection. This is for you to assess and design accordingly in discussion with your customer.

hi
it will wire into isolator ,yes!
the building storage building materials like drywall timber ect.. this is only storeage not a shop!!
thank you for your answer!
[automerge]1588051402[/automerge]
Without the knowledge to complete the work and even source the materials maybe yoh should pass on this job opportunity or seek help with it
thank you for your usefull answer!
[automerge]1588051652[/automerge]

and what mA RCD are you recomend? 30 or 100?

Last edited:

Reply to Door shutter rcd! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net