Discuss Doors containing electrical components in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

flywheel

Morning

I been asked to try and find if there are any specific regs regarding doors containing electrical components. We have a control panel door which houses a flat screen monitor. The door has strain relief fitted to prevent any cable damage but i cant find any regs to fit with it.

Also is there anything regarding cabinet doors housing 230V/415V equipment i have found that they need to be accessible by authorised personnel and by a non regular tool (Key) but again no actual reg

Any help is greatly appreciated

The doors need to be earth bonded to the main earth terminals. Put some warning sticky labels on it, e.g. Warning, live terminals encloset etc, ortinary panel key will do unless your site spec says otherwise.

Thanks Archy i had read through that, the access with a key, only removing barrier with a key or tool or when disconnected.

what i didnt add to my original post was regarding door stays once the door is open. These doors are large steel doors think the customer is concerned about the doors shutting on their staff when stood in the opening. I see that as more of a health and safety issue as opposed to an electrical one which is what ive been asked to look at.

thanks for your comment

Oh, I see. I might have slightly misinterpreted your 1st post.
Can't help you on the keeping them open question, not one I've ever really considered.
Good luck with your search!

E&I Panels over in Ireland will be able to sell you Door latches and stays as well as slow closer springs etc....they build panels, so they will sell you parts for your own panels......they will be able to deliver inside 2 days as well....

Reply to Doors containing electrical components in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net