Discuss Double 1mm T+E clips in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know who makes or sells double 1.0mm T+E clips, not the 1.0/1.5 type . I’ve had them in the past and they hold 1mm much better than the 1.0/1.5 type. Can’t remember the brand or where I got them.

Thanks

Something like these from Tower/Schneider?

Thanks for the reply nicebutdim, I’m afraid that’s the code for single cable clips , Schneider only seem to have doubles in the 1.5 and 2.5 sizes. Which are 70cgkdf15 or 25.

Thanks for the reply nicebutdim, I’m afraid that’s the code for single cable clips , Schneider only seem to have doubles in the 1.5 and 2.5 sizes. Which are 70cgkdf15 or 25.

You're correct and I apologise for the mistake. Off the top of my head the only manufacturers of double width clips were Tower and LAP and neither seem to offer them for 1mm.

I'm surprised by this, given the widespread use of 1mm in mainland UK
[automerge]1594592587[/automerge]
These are offered as 1mm, but they're Unifix and I suspect they're the 1-1.5mm clips you don't want.

Can't find any specs to confirm.

Last edited:
I remember using double T+E clips in the past, for dressing but haven't used them for donkeys years. Basically, they are too weak to hold the outer of the 2 cables these days....and it's much easier using singles. I'll bet I have some tucked away somewhere.....if I come across 'em I'll probably bin 'em.

Blimey haven’t used double clips in probably a decade or more...
two 1mm cables will probably sit quite nicely under a 6mm clip..

You're correct and I apologise for the mistake. Off the top of my head the only manufacturers of double width clips were Tower and LAP and neither seem to offer them for 1mm.

I'm surprised by this, given the widespread use of 1mm in mainland UK
[automerge]1594592587[/automerge]
These are offered as 1mm, but they're Unifix and I suspect they're the 1-1.5mm clips you don't want.

Can't find any specs to confirm.
Thanks nicebutdim . I’ll order some out of curiosity . Your right it’s surprising as 1.0mm is surely more popular than 1.5mm these days . Appreciate your help mate.

i've still got a few from back in the days of running 4 alarm cables in double 1.0mm clips.these were white, though
[automerge]1594631435[/automerge]
nearest i can find is here:
https://www.screwflix..com/p/lap-ca...or-twin-earth-cable-1-1-5mm-pack-of-100/4408f

The Unifix 1mm clips will be for 1mm. Tower make the useless 1mm to 1.5mm type clips. Unifix make the best cable clips available in the UK, but there is one thing I still don't understand: Why don't UK cable clip manufacturers make cable clips 6.0mm and above with a nail each side of the cable?! 16mm with one nail is a joke!

You could try Linian clips. They don't have nails. They do have a size-guide, so maybe that would assist in ascertaining whether 2 x 1mm would fit into one of their sizes. The guide can be downloaded here:

The Unifix 1mm clips will be for 1mm. Tower make the useless 1mm to 1.5mm type clips. Unifix make the best cable clips available in the UK, but there is one thing I still don't understand: Why don't UK cable clip manufacturers make cable clips 6.0mm and above with a nail each side of the cable?! 16mm with one nail is a joke!
Agreed Freddo , unifix is quality stuff . I’d never given it any thought but a nail either side would be just the ticket and I’d pay the extra £1 a box for something decent.
I quite liked the look of the Dewalt cable stapler until i learned that they are still slack after stalling .
[automerge]1594673468[/automerge]
You could try Linian clips. They don't have nails. They do have a size-guide, so maybe that would assist in ascertaining whether 2 x 1mm would fit into one of their sizes. The guide can be downloaded here:
Thanks pirate , I’ll have a look at those

Last edited:
Or you could use buckle clips...old-fashioned maybe, but a neat job.
there's a size guide etc on the site
I have fitted two 1mm cables into a 44mm buckle clip this morning and it's fine. I can't see it taking two 1.5mm as it's a tad small
A couple of the bigger sizes have 2 nail holes, which makes sense given the bendy nature of the material.
and not made of plastic!
[automerge]1594886469[/automerge]
OOPS! forgot the pic...

Double 1mm T+E clips buckle cli - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:

Reply to Double 1mm T+E clips in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock