Discuss Double insulated cooker hood with L and N only, is it okay to fit a 3amp plug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jruss42

DIY
Reaction score
Good afternoon

I hope everyone is keeping well.

I have purchased a stainless steel recirculation cooker hood which has the double insulated symbol (a box within a box) and the wiring cable is only L and N, no plug attached. I understand this would mean it has to be hard wired but I wonder, as it’s double insulated and therefore no earthing required that I can just put a 3 pin plug and connect the L and N with a 3amp fuse and this will be fine.

Been seaching the internet for some days now and I believe this will be okay but want to just be sure.
really appreciate and feedback and thank you in advance.

As already confirmed, putting it on a plug would be fine. They are provided without a plug because they are often fitted to fused spurs, but putting it into a plug is fine - The double insulated symbol means the manufacturer has ensured that an earth is not required so you just don't connect one.

I would recommend marking on the plug somewhere that a 3A fuse is fitted, to hopefully prevent anyone in the future accidentally putting a 13A back in

Reply to Double insulated cooker hood with L and N only, is it okay to fit a 3amp plug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon, Sorry for the long post but can find answers to my questions anywhere. I’m want to replace my old cooker hood for a new one...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Hoping somebody can help me out with this. I ordered a Best Visso cooker hood, imported form Italy, long story but it was...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all. I've just had my house in France upgraded to single phase. I've bought a consumer unit as i only want a basic set up (minimal electric...
Replies
Views
W
Hi, I have just purchased a Matrix MEH601 Cooker Hood, I bought it for the purpose of recirculation not ducting. There is already a plug socket...
Replies
Views
wannabesparky31
W

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock