Discuss Double Oven Installation KitchenAid Model KODE500ESS02 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi- I posted this on another forum so ignore the first part unless you know the answer and want to throw it in there...
My current oven/microwave combo unit is sitting on two 1x6's above a drawer. Do I need to install a full floor for this double oven and use the feet or can this just sit on the 1x6's? I also currently have 2 30amp breakers and 10 gauge wire. This oven calls for 40amp and 8 gauge. I can switch the breakers if I have to but do I need to? Is that even acceptable to use a 40 amp breaker with 10 gauge wire? (I just found out the answer to that is "no") This unit has 10 gauge wire coming out of it not 8. I was hoping this would be an easier process....... which it will be once the electric is sorted out....

So I guess the short question is...can I stick with my 30amp breakers and 10 guage wire? If I can't.... will this at least get me through Turkey Day or is going to trip breakers and start fires worse than dropping a frozen turkey into one of those deep fryers!! ;-P

Hi- I posted this on another forum so ignore the first part unless you know the answer and want to throw it in there...
My current oven/microwave combo unit is sitting on two 1x6's above a drawer. Do I need to install a full floor for this double oven and use the feet or can this just sit on the 1x6's? I also currently have 2 30amp breakers and 10 gauge wire. This oven calls for 40amp and 8 gauge. I can switch the breakers if I have to but do I need to? Is that even acceptable to use a 40 amp breaker with 10 gauge wire? (I just found out the answer to that is "no") This unit has 10 gauge wire coming out of it not 8. I was hoping this would be an easier process....... which it will be once the electric is sorted out....

So I guess the short question is...can I stick with my 30amp breakers and 10 guage wire? If I can't.... will this at least get me through Turkey Day or is going to trip breakers and start fires worse than dropping a frozen turkey into one of those deep fryers!! ;-P
I’ll answer you electrical question first. Go ahead and use the 30amp breaker for that oven just don’t turn all the burners at the same time, if you put to much load on that breaker will trip which is a good thing. Remember that breaker senses heat which tells you the wire is heating up also and that’s a bad thing so after the holidays please get the right size wire and breaker. The floor I would think that the boards would be 2x6 just nail a 1x6 right next to the existing 1x6. I wouldn’t trust 1x6 for long. Good luck and welcome to the forum

I’ll answer you electrical question first. Go ahead and use the 30amp breaker for that oven just don’t turn all the burners at the same time, if you put to much load on that breaker will trip which is a good thing. Remember that breaker senses heat which tells you the wire is heating up also and that’s a bad thing so after the holidays please get the right size wire and breaker. The floor I would think that the boards would be 2x6 just nail a 1x6 right next to the existing 1x6. I wouldn’t trust 1x6 for long. Good luck and welcome to the forum
Thank you very much!

Reply to Double Oven Installation KitchenAid Model KODE500ESS02 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net