Discuss Double ovens: Kitchen aid vs. Dacor Heritage in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Our 20 year old Kitchen aid double ovens have finally bit the dust and we need to replace them. I don't want to cut into our cabinets, so although we looked at Bosch, Dacor and Kitchen Aid, the Bosch will not fit so that's out.

I've heard great things about the Dacor, that it bakes incredibly well and evenly, which has always been an issue with our old Kitchen aids. We also installed a single Kitchen Aid oven 3 years ago in a vacation home we have, and have been disappointed with how loud the fan is in it, and how long it runs. I understand from the salesman we are working with that KA has fixed the fan issue, so not sure what to do.

So the question is, is the Dacor really as great as they say, and is it worth getting over the KA? And yes, I know that Dacor was bought by Samsung (who I'm not thrilled with), but my experience with Whirlpool isn't great either.

Thoughts? comments? Advice?

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Wilko

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi - I’m not familiar with those brands, but hopefully someone here has the specific experience to comment to that detail level of detail, let’s see.

I sometimes help folks with simple appliance faults and so out of interest I looked at service costs, below is a quote from the web -

“You receive a 3 month warranty covering all parts fitted. The service is charged at £550.00 PLUS VAT. Once this has been completed, you can take out our optional yearly service plan, this will only cost you £540.00 PLUS VAT.”

To me, it would influence the cost of ownership.

Reply to Double ovens: Kitchen aid vs. Dacor Heritage in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net