Discuss Double Two Way Switch Wiring Advice Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If you find that the 1 of the switches is upside down then swap over L1 & L2
How could it even matter? Both circuits are two-way, so the switch on/off orientation will depend on the position of the other switch(es)!

Taylor, are you saying you'd be happy if you had two switches in different orientations, but the lamp was off?

Burn the witch!!! ↑↑↑↑↑
I have thought about it.

Start off with the lights off and all the switches in the up position.
Go to the upstairs switch and move the switch down. The light comes on, but the switch downstairs is still in the up position (nominated as off). This is all fine and dandy until you have two 2-gang switches. Then the up is off convention falls apart as what the light does is dictated by the position of one or other of the other switches. Even more fun if there's a third (intermediate) switch. Waddayagonnadothen, brainbox?

I have thought about it.

Start off with the lights off and all the switches in the up position.
Go to the upstairs switch and move the switch down. The light comes on, but the switch downstairs is still in the up position (nominated as off). This is all fine and dandy until you have two 2-gang switches. Then the up is off convention falls apart as what the light does is dictated by the position of one or other of the other switches. Even more fun if there's a third (intermediate) switch. Waddayagonnadothen, brainbox?
It doesn’t take brains
Now you’re overthinking it
Just swap strappers over as I 1st suggested if one of the switches ends up the wrong way round

And riding very fast too on our roads with no speed limits
there's a valid reason for that. all roads are close to the sea. ride/drive too fast, you go splash. IOM population control active.

That could well be the case..
We still have steam trains, electric trams and horse trams as our main modes of transport :)

We had electric trolley buses in Newcastle when I was a boy . I wonder if if electric transport will ever catch on...:)

Reply to Double Two Way Switch Wiring Advice Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock