Discuss Doubling over single core connections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eddiecme

I swear to god there was a reg specifying that all single core connections had to be doubled over? i can't find it anywhere

have i just had a weird dream?

One guy I used to work with refused to do it as he claimed that buy doubling it over you were 'stretching' the conductor therefore reducing the CSA !

i generally mfold the cpc if only 1 in the terminal. pet hates are 1. cpc's twisted together then put in 1 sleeve. 1. any conductors twisted together, 3. plumbers 4. seee 1,2,3.

i generally mfold the cpc if only 1 in the terminal. pet hates are 1. cpc's twisted together then put in 1 sleeve. 1. any conductors twisted together, 3. plumbers 4. seee 1,2,3.

Lol exactly my sentiments :lol:

I remember a thread on here when i first started lurking, about doubling over. One guy reckoned that he doubled over everything he put in, especially 25mm tails !

A phone call went like this
The boss................How the hell did you use 1.omm it should have been minimum 1.5mm as stipulated
The apprentice........It's Ok I doubled the ends over

Reply to Doubling over single core connections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views
I was the 2nd sparks taking over a garden office supply job. The first sparks had fitted 10 sq mm 3 core SWA, but it actually had brown, blue and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm about to replace our kitchen and one of the upgrades is to install two full size ovens to replace the original twin over under...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Ok i may get slated for this one but here goes; A bit of background info first. Its been a while since ive looked at my iee regs, and ive not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock