Discuss Downlight hole guards in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

edexlab

-
Arms
Reaction score
I've been asked by a family member whether such a thing exists
Its basically some kind of liner to protect the plasterboard from being damaged if a standard recessed downlight (63mm hole i think )has to be removed. ...
I installed some lights in their kitchen a few years ago for them and everytime the lamp blows my hamfisted father in law insists he can't change the lamp without pulling the fitting down (don't ask!)
I've told them to start buying leds but until he parts with his cash this won't be happening soon! So I just wondered if something like this was available?

No!... not to my knowledge as you know the fitting are not designed for repeated removal, the springs can deal a high pressure on a very small focal area of the rim of the hole hence the damage... if he won't adhere to your advice then don't bother going out of your way for him... the only suggestion I have is a lamp suction cap designed for easy insert and removal.

Reply to Downlight hole guards in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has come across these downlighters at all? Trying to change all the batteries and inverters for a client, i...
Replies
Views
Hi, Been looking to replace a set of downlights that have seen better days. Been doing some checking of what's in place to see whether it's just...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
I posted last week regarding a lighting cable being too short in the wall to reach my new light fittings.this is still annoying me lol, I will try...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock