Discuss Downlight suggestions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I need to install around 40 downlights in an upcoming job. Iv not had to install this amount at once before and I'm looking for fire rated and dimmable.

I'm conscious that the LAP ones you can get from screwfix and the likes are cheap but may come back to bite me in the rear.

Iv looked at the enlite h2 downlights. They are in budget. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The Enlite ones get a good review.

I've been using KSR for 5 years now and had no issues of a serious nature. In that time I've had less than 5 give up.
The QR10 and QR5 are the current ones. They do a colour change one should you need it.

Just picked up 10 today for my own house.

I need to install around 40 downlights in an upcoming job. Iv not had to install this amount at once before and I'm looking for fire rated and dimmable.

I'm conscious that the LAP ones you can get from screwfix and the likes are cheap but may come back to bite me in the rear.

Iv looked at the enlite h2 downlights. They are in budget. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've fitted a bunch of the LAP fire rated cans (those that need a GU10 lamp, not integrated fittings) and I've got no complaints.

Definitely agree with the suggestion about using the Click style connectors. I made up a lead with a 1G socket on the end... makes testing a breeze, just plug the MFT into the socket and away you go. You can use the spare socket to make a zeroing link (line+neutral linked out to earth - connect it to the flying plug, zero the leads of the MFT and disconnect and you're set).

I've installed lots of FD101 downlights, my only criticism is a choc-block terminal block for the connections, easy if just one cable, but a but fiddly if you have 2 cables as in linking from one to the next downlight.

I've fitted a bunch of the LAP fire rated cans (those that need a GU10 lamp, not integrated fittings) and I've got no complaints.

Definitely agree with the suggestion about using the Click style connectors. I made up a lead with a 1G socket on the end... makes testing a breeze, just plug the MFT into the socket and away you go. You can use the spare socket to make a zeroing link (line+neutral linked out to earth - connect it to the flying plug, zero the leads of the MFT and disconnect and you're set).
Loving that idea! I use the click connectors a lot now - so much easier and future proof if they ever need to be changed
[automerge]1593467364[/automerge]
Click Scholmore and put in dimmerable GU10s. Also get the 20A Click Blue Connectors in each box to make connecting them easier and compliant
I also use the green ones from TLC - pretty similar, also rated 20A

My go to set up is gu10 downlight from where ever is cheapest I do prefer a downlight with a bezel Ring rather than those spring clippy things , click flow connectors (or similar what ever I can get my hands on cheapest) and a decent led lamp...
this set up has never let me down

I've used the enlite ones linked in the OP, not a bif fan of them - the bezel is quite thick and ugly and the springs to hold the fitting to the ceiling are not that strong.

Much prefer Ansell Edge, and they come with push fit connections so a doddle to connect up.

The Aurora Enlite GU10 EFD Pro (EN-DLM981X) is the upgraded push connector version of this one. It needs a bezel (where IP65 can be had) and I use it with their ICE lamp. Easy, nice, reliable and cost effective if you purchase from the right place.

JCC V50 integrated. dimmable, selectable colour temp., push fit terminals for 2 x T/E in driver, low profile, insulation coverable, what more can you want.

Reply to Downlight suggestions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock