Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Downlighters & Building Control in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Reg Man

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Is anyone actively installing fire protection of any form on downlighters for building control? Because the fire rated stuff is so expensive I will lose a job to sparks who don't bother using it. The customer doesn't care, it's cheaper without it.
Are building control actually checking jobs?
Whats everyone else charging per point on downlighters with or without fire protection?

What about bulbs for 50mm downlighters. Building control say 25% has to be low energy with 40L/watt. My customers don't want LEDs or compact fluorescents in downlighters because they will need twice as many or more for the same amount of light from the halogens.

What is everyone else doing?

Aico 3000 Range
P

PAUL M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is anyone actively installing fire protection of any form on downlighters for building control? Because the fire rated stuff is so expensive I will lose a job to sparks who don't bother using it. The customer doesn't care, it's cheaper without it.
Are building control actually checking jobs?
Whats everyone else charging per point on downlighters with or without fire protection?

What about bulbs for 50mm downlighters. Building control say 25% has to be low energy with 40L/watt. My customers don't want LEDs or compact fluorescents in downlighters because they will need twice as many or more for the same amount of light from the halogens.

What is everyone else doing?
I ALLWAYS FIT FIRE RATED SPOTS AND CHARGE £30.00 A SPOT SUPPLY AND FIT,THE AURORA ONES COST ABOUT £12.00 EACH OR £16.00 FOR I.P. RATED.JUST FITTED 25 IN A LARGE KITCHEN££££££££££ COME TO DADDY.LOL:D

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Downlighters & Building Control in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom