Discuss Downstream db in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Iona222

Trainee
Reaction score
I've got my 2391-52, but I've never tested a board downstream, its a db for an extension, there's no rcd on 1 lighting and 1 ring.
Is it ok just to change the mcb to a rcbo.

I remember wheni did the course they mentioned selectivity/discrimination

Regards

The main switch on the board is a rcd switch.
Don't know which board you mean has rcd main switch, but surely in either case that means the lighting circuit and rfc are RCD protected after all?
Stick a photo of each board up if there is still confusion.

Don't know which board you mean has rcd main switch, but surely in either case that means the lighting circuit and rfc are RCD protected after all?
Stick a photo of each board up if there is still confusion.
The main board has a rcd switch. Ye so I would say, they are protected.

Reply to Downstream db in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been tasked with a kitchen rewire. The current DB is fed by a 16mm armoured. There is a split load old contactum DB which I don’t...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hi all, been reading around this and i have to admit ive quickly gone out of my depth as regards EV chargers. The charger in question is a...
Replies
Views
Big argument with a newly qualified electrician with all the necessary qualifications Had to give him a hand later on during the day, nice DB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock