Discuss Draw Tape or Fish Tape? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a decent nylon tape for pulling cable through conduit but when I search for them on the net they are described as one of two things; Draw Tapes or Fish tapes.

Does anyone happen to know whether there is any difference between a "Draw Tape" and a "Fish Tape"?

Many thanks!

Generally a fish tape has a hole either end so you can either push it through and tie cable onto the end and pull the fish back,taking the cable with it,or tie onto the other end and pull the fish out and the cable follows.A draw tape is usually on a reel and you can only pull from one end.A draw tape is easier to handle because being on a reel it stays tidy and doesn't get tangled.but there are times when a fish is the better option.

Got one as well that I used to pull in risers with its a spiral with a pump action , really good, gets around the bends
I picked it up in early 80s it looked quite ancient then

Like Fanny has different meanings as well.
I got a very disapproving look of a Yank once when I asked for a smoke.

Bet you gave a disappointed expression back ...

... when a gay man wasn't presented to you.

lol.

(why do i feel the need to defend myself, from a joke - oh yeah i know, todays society being miserable. I am NOT homophobic, it was a JOKE)

Thank you. :)

Reply to Draw Tape or Fish Tape? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Tried pulling some 2.5mm T&E through 10m of 20mm flexi conduit the other day with a draw tape, although I did succeed it was a bit of a wrestle...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a relatively simple question. Doing a rewire to make a circuit in a single room. My father is a retired spark, so no worries about a...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, My son has just (last week) had a rewire done on his house in Leyland. He has just bought the house but a "domino" type consumer unit was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock