Discuss Drill/Driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

claret73

Hi
Would like some advice on a Drill/Driver for 1st & 2nd fixing...had 2 days of constant socket & switch plate fixing. Have the sensations of RSI...Certainly don't require an Impact Driver (yet) but something that's light, not bulky but could be versatile.
Cheers

Yep got mine in the uk, you just have to phone up the uk importers of festool the numbers on their website. You then just quote the model you want then they will give you a uk order code for the drill, then they will tell you which toolshop will proccess the order you just have to quote the ref number and they should be able to get it in for you within a week. It is a brilliant drill and only weighs 1.4kg.

Is the 10.8v enough for a multitude of usage? IE - They show Auger bits through joists, be well handy for floor runs...

I think I'm gonna sell my Bosch Combi 18v if it is....

I would say that it's great as a light drill driver for working above your head and drilling holes in metal accessories etc but I think the one in the video is either the 14v or 18v version. I didn't need anything that powerful as I've got a 36v sds drill to do the donkey work of joist drilling. I've got a 14v Hilti lith drill driver which I now have as a back up and every time I go back to it, it feels like a brick in my hand, eventually I want to get the attachments for the Protool like the angle driver which could be useful. In my opinion I prefer having two drills for two different tasks the drill driver for HSS drilling and screwing and the sds for the heavy duty tasks. If you start thinking along the lines of a combi you then have to start compromising on weight which in a drill driver is a big no no. Cheers

i sold my bosch 24 v drill the other day paid about £150

wanted £50 he gave me £45 then had the cheek to phone me up to ask if i had a spare battery

Reply to Drill/Driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Hi there - good site. Mrs wants a new socket directly below a light switch on the ground floor (says it will look neater vertically inline)...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock