Discuss Driveway lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparkydan

Hi

Has anybody here had much experience installing drive way lights and external lighting, had a couple of jobs come up and would like to know best method to install.

One is to install drive over lights which come with about 2 foot of flex on so i need to find out a way of joining to this with box or something but keeping the join accessible in case the fitting ever has to be changed and testing, any ideas?

Thanks

Weatherproof junction box maybe and fill with putty to make a permanent joint. Adaptable box? What cable are you joining it to?

SWA and 1P54 boxes, wago's in the box IP54 glands put joints in plastic bag, fit all covers drill a 6mm hole each side of the box and fill with foam.

Thanks shirlock

I need to lay the cables before the drive way is laid so i was thinking of running flexible conduit with 1mm flex from an adaptable box fixed to the house to the light positions and fitting a little photocell to the adaptable box then going back once the drive is laid to fit lights Aurora - 'Passionate about Lighting' these are the lights and the blocks getting laid are the same size but will be cemented in so any join outside the fitting under blocks will not be accessible and there is not much room inside the fitting to join.

Rewire the lights with longer leads that will reach the nearest permanent fixing point above ground, Ie wall or stake with a plate mounted on it, wiska box with a swa linking through it, wago everything :)

Thanks lads

The fittings are sealed so i cant make flex's longer, When ya say wago everything do you mean the push in connectors?

Have you a link for these so i can have a butchers, was thinking of using galv conduit tee boxs so i can go in out and stuffing gland out to the fitting but my worry is once the blocks are pointed in no one can get to them if the join ever go's down and for testing.

The prately boxes have 20mm threaded entry points so you can replace the integral SWA glands with stuffing glands.

wago lever connections

Lever connectors

alternatively If you are really worried about sprung loaded connectors you could do a solder joint in the waterproof box.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are sprung loaded so there is constant pressure on the joint and cannot loosen over time, They are the equivalent of crimped connections though not yet mentioned in the regs.

Reply to Driveway lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock