Discuss dry line boxs back to back? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can dry line socket back boxes be mounted back to back in a stud wall if its deep enough?

And if so do they need to have the fire seal installed?

I doubt the walls not a fire barrier as it only just goes up pasted the false ceiling but it is still fitted with fire rate double plaster board

Pink board is expensive about £5 per metre , so no way would a builder use 2 sheet thickness unless they absolutely had to

Hi - it sounds like a fire rated wall to me. And for sound insulation properties to be maintained the boxes should not be back to back too.

Reply to dry line boxs back to back? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
An odd question granted but bear with me. I've got to extend a radial circuit in a community centre to fit a new hand dryer in the toilets, but I...
Replies
Views
Hello, My house has 25mm back boxes throughout, but I’ve noticed the previous owner has installed sockets and switches that seem to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've completed rewires with hollow walls before and was able to use a dry line Box. No chance of being able to use them this time. I've...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock