Discuss Dual LED security PIR suggestions in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Looking for a quality dual PIR security light for a friend's house. I've done some searches but they all look cheap and I don't recognize any of the brands.

Any recommendations?

Timeguards every time. Worth the extra cost and if you go for the 10watt twin head with the curved square bottom of the unit, it is a powerful and compact light.

Looking for a quality dual PIR security light for a friend's house. I've done some searches but they all look cheap and I don't recognize any of the brands.

Any recommendations?

Timeguards are a little expensive I think

I'm confused. You want a quality one, not a cheap looking one, but the quality ones are too expensive ?

Get a timeguard one, they are very good.

Another £20 and you’ve got something with a great warranty and stands a better chance of not needing it.
Divide the price by the number years you expect it to last 70/4 = 17.50 a year /52= 33 pence a week
Take those numbers to them and point out that the old Halogen flood used to make the meter disc spin so fast it made a high pitch scream!

I'm confused. You want a quality one, not a cheap looking one, but the quality ones are too expensive ?

Get a timeguard one, they are very good.

I didn't say the quality ones are too expensive. I just said the timeguard ones were too expensive. I'm sure there are some quality ones more within the £50 range.

I kept an 8 watt LAP with pir on the van boxed, just in case and when I got a chance to fit it I was well pleased with the fitting and the sturdiness of it.
It cost £8.99 and it lasted 3 weeks but I took it back under warranty and got another one to keep on the van (upgraded the replacement!) I think that if they don’t go wrong nearly immediately (3 weeks included) then may last a while. I’m determined for it to be a good light but I may be delusional in this instance!

Managed to convince them it's worth the extra cost. However, now they have asked if it's possible to sometimes bypass the sensor (when working on the car at night etc) and then engage the sensor again after.

If the light is fed via a SFU and the power is turned off and on, will the light bypass the PIR? And then off and on again to engage the PIR?

Managed to convince them it's worth the extra cost. However, now they have asked if it's possible to sometimes bypass the sensor (when working on the car at night etc) and then engage the sensor again after.

If the light is fed via a SFU and the power is turned off and on, will the light bypass the PIR? And then off and on again to engage the PIR?

Yeah should be able to override via rocking of the switch.

Reply to Dual LED security PIR suggestions in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net