Discuss duel dimmer switch wiring question please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mozie

Hi all, firstly thanks in advance for your help! Im trying to simply change a duel dimmer switch (NOT LED) and I have a question re a small wire joining the two switch units!?

This 1st photo (OrigionalSwitchWiring.jpg) shows the old switch with the wiring... Note a little red wire from number '3' to the other blocks little squiggle hole!

This second photo (TransferredNewWiresToSameHolesOnewSwith.jpg) is the new switch. Which I've transferred the wires into from the same L1. L2 etc...

Third photo (WhereDoesThisRedWireGoToAndFrom.jpb) shows a ttle red wire which I still need to ut into th nw swichPhoto 2) ... So my question is where would I put the little red wire from the first photo please?

Thanks again all in advance?

Attachments

• OrigionalSwitchWiring.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 38
  • TransferredSameWiresToNewSwitch.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 36
  • WhereDoesThisWireGoTooAndFrom.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 34
just put them in the same terminals as before.

options.

1. it will work.

2. it won't work.

3. it will go bang.

failing which, get a local sparks to do it for you.

The terminal with the little wavy line is the common, your red cable goes in this one along with one end of the short length of red, then loop that over to the other switches wavy line terminal

then put your blue core into L1 of one switch and yellow into L1 of the other switch

ta da!

I'd like some more information about this "duel".

Is it to be fought with switches at dawn and are we permitted to use Intermediate Switches?

[en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuelA duel is an arranged engagement in combat between two individuals. ---- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DualDual may refer to: Dual (mathematics), a notion of paired concepts that mirror one another. Dual (category theory), a formalization of mathematical duality.]

I'm bored and going stir crazy, Can you tell??? :wheelchair::nopity::15::censored:

[h=2]Full Definition of STIR[/h]transitive verb
a : to cause an especially slight movement or change of position of
b : to disturb the quiet of : agitate —often used with up <the bear stirredup the bees>

a : to disturb the relative position of the particles or parts of especially by a continued circular movement <stir the pudding> <stir the fire> —often used with up <stirred up mud from the lake bottom>
b : to mix by or as if by stirring —often used with in <stir in the spices>

: bestir, exert

: to bring into notice or debate : raise —often used with up <stir up sensitive issues>

a : to rouse to activity : evoke strong feelings in <music that stirs the emotions>
b : to call forth (as a memory) : evoke
c : provoke <stir a storm of controversy>

intransitive verb
a : to make a slight movement <the leaves were barely stirring>
b : to begin to move (as in rousing)
c : to shift to another location : budge <haven't stirred since I arrived>

: to begin to be active <the factory stirred to life>

: to be active or busy <not a creature was stirring — Clement Moore>

: to pass an implement through a substance with a circular movement.

th.jpg

The terminal with the little wavy line is the common, your red cable goes in this one along with one end of the short length of red, then loop that over to the other switches wavy line terminal

then put your blue core into L1 of one switch and yellow into L1 of the other switch

ta da!

Many thanks Welshboy for your reply, very helpful, much appreciated. Cheers...

Reply to duel dimmer switch wiring question please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net