Discuss Dumb --- Customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Got a call yesterday, can you come and wire my tv to my sky dish...

Yeah ok...

Get there today, dish on one side of house, tv in other side bedroom. I said so I'll clip the cable round her, hold through the wall.... Ok...

No... I don't want to be ble to see the cable on the outside..

What? How lse do you plan on it getting there?

I went inside, he said I need it connecting to this faceplate, pointing to one on n internal wall that was a terrestrial outlet...

I said, do you want it connecting to a Dish or Ariel?

Does it matter he says....

Jeeees man, ge a grip, and how do you plan on me connecting it to that faceplate...

I left him to it and said to call sky who will just bang a hold through the wall where he doesn't want it.

Some people seem to think you can magic cables into heir house without doing anything, he hassled me to go round then said on the phone it will only take a few minutes...

I find it's quite often the case that customers are taken aback when they are told some of the carpet will need lifting to fit an extra socket on the other side of the room. Electricians are absolutely the closest trade to wizards but cmon, ffs, gimme a chance at least!

Lol happened to me last week ... got a call saying he's just bought an electric fire, and if i can just wire it into the fuse spur because he doesn't want to touch electrics.

great i thought, nice easy job here ... expecting a like for like replacement really. Only to find there was no FCU anywhere near the location of the fire....he'd removed the gas fire, which was capped off with a towel, tissue and a tie-rap i might add lol.

Expecting a 10minute job, i leave 4hours later!

Customers - can't live with them, can't live without them.

Reply to Dumb --- Customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net