Discuss E.I.C Installation report checklist in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

topcat72

Hi all

A little clarification please if anyone can help.

I work for a metering company installing modbus and AMR tenant sub metering and data logging equipment.

when installing a new supply (1new circuit) from an existing DB for whatever purpose, we are filling out a full E.I.C cert if an existing circuit cannot be utilized and minor works cert issued. a damn shame as the old MW certs covered up to 3 new circuits.

When filling in the cert & especially the checklist, my understanding is that this should only relate to the new circuit being installed, not the whole installation, is this correct ?

thanks for any clarification in advance.

TC..

Yes - YOUR EIC needs to confirm the installation details and the complete set of tests on your new circuit. The description of work should describe this accordingly.

When I do such an install I include "used" to indicate a circuit already installed and "spare" for any unused way in the CU.

so just to confirm that the complete cert and checklist should only relate to the newly installed circuit and not the whole installation.

TC

Yes. As I stated you need to complete all the necessary bits for the supply and earthing etc, then the specific details of your new circuit.

You need to ensure that the installation is safe for your addition and so this includes the supply arrangements, earthing and bonding.
Consideration will also be needed of the other circuits to consider the total loading of the installation.
Beyond this the schedule of inspections only relates to the work you are doing, so if there is a bathroom present but you are installing a light circuit for the downstairs then on the schedule of inspections the special locations would be N/A (assuming there are no swimming pols downstairs!).
Similarly on the schedule of test results the tests only relate to the supply and the circuit you are installing.

A MNWs certificate is for alterations to an existing circuit only, as you are adding a new circuit then a full EIC is required.

Reply to E.I.C Installation report checklist in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock