Discuss E27 pendant no cpc down to metal fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello guys

Client has bought fitting from online, metal cable cap at top with single twin flex dropping down to an e27 pendant with metal casing and no earth.
I'm saying client can't use them what's your thoughts?

They are probably class 2 fittings. Do they bear the double insulated symbol?
Maybe, But I think I'd want some evidence, like a suitable label, or a detailed inspection of the fitting.
Is there any insulating material between the metal lampholder casing and the space for the wires and their terminations?

If in doubt ask for confirmation from the manufacturer, I've done it a few times when I have been suspicious of a light fitting. Get a copy of the declaration of conformity and attach it to your EIC if you feel it is necessary

Class 2 metal fittings are very common now, they usually come with a small rectangular connection box with a plastic sleeve designed to take a maximum of one bell wire. They are a pain.
With typical UK wiring the only way to keep them class 2 is to pull the cables back into the floor/roof space, pass the fitting flex through the ceiling and joint behind.
More often than not I ignore the class 2 instruction and earth the things.

Reply to E27 pendant no cpc down to metal fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views
A recent discussion on conduit choice wandered over to pros and cons of the 'conlok' style and a link was posted to one of the Efixx videos in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an antique light fitting that for some reason she wants putting up (can't say I love it haha) however it didn't come with any...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock