Discuss Earth bonding for meters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Maxine

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am just after some advice. I am having new meters fitted and been told they need to be earth bonded? I've attached a photo as my friend thinks this has been done but I need to know before I book an electrician, so any help is appreciated, thank you

Earth bonding for meters 20190718_182818 - EletriciansForums.net

Earth bonding for meters 20190718_183244 - EletriciansForums.net

You have what appears to be a bonding cable at the bottom pipe.
The size needs to be confirmed as adequate,the bond needs to be made before any intersection,yours is in the wrong position,also the "do not remove" warning tag is all but destroyed
Employ a sparks to put it right

You have what appears to be a bonding cable at the bottom pipe.
The size needs to be confirmed as adequate,the bond needs to be made before any intersection,yours is in the wrong position,also the "do not remove" warning tag is all but destroyed
Employ a sparks to put it right
Thank you. Was hoping to keep expenses down but looks like it needs doing.

It shouldn’t be any more than a call out charge plus a few £ for materials.
As above. The size of the bonding cable, and its continuity need checking.

Hi, I am just after some advice. I am having new meters fitted and been told they need to be earth bonded? I've attached a photo as my friend thinks this has been done but I need to know before I book an electrician, so any help is appreciated, thank you

View attachment 51169

View attachment 51170
This is the Electricians, what is that copper tubing for. Remember I’m from the USA and want to learn y’alls way of doing

This is the Electricians, what is that copper tubing for. Remember I’m from the USA and want to learn y’alls way of doing
gas pies. and meter. sod it ... pipes, not pies. the bit with the yellow tape is incoming to meter. the copper behind is from meter to boiler/cooker/ etc.

Thank you. Was hoping to keep expenses down but looks like it needs doing.

I don't deal with domestic works, although I am qualified to do so.
however I do know 2 different competent domestic (part p) electricians that could sort this out for you.
they are both based in tamworth, so not far from you.
they are both time served, professional electricians who I call on for any works that fall out of my preferred line of work.

if you are not able to find someone willing to help on the forum, feel free to ask for there contact details.

I don't deal with domestic works, although I am qualified to do so.
however I do know 2 different competent domestic (part p) electricians that could sort this out for you.
they are both based in tamworth, so not far from you.
they are both time served, professional electricians who I call on for any works that fall out of my preferred line of work.

if you are not able to find someone willing to help on the forum, feel free to ask for there contact details.
Thank you. I have someone coming to give me a quote tomorrow, so I am happy for some comparison quotes. It's not just this, I need a safety switch for a cooker hood the shower isolation cord doesn't work, the extractor fan in the bathroom doesn't work and the ceiling light in the lounge is loose
Apart from that the house is great! Think I may need to marry an electrician, it would be cheaper in the long run...

Thank you. I have someone coming to give me a quote tomorrow, so I am happy for some comparison quotes. It's not just this, I need a safety switch for a cooker hood the shower isolation cord doesn't work, the extractor fan in the bathroom doesn't work and the ceiling light in the lounge is loose
Apart from that the house is great! Think I may need to marry an electrician, it would be cheaper in the long run...

Not ready for marriage, could manage a quick affair maybe?

On a more serious note, if you want me to pass on details of 2 good sparks, just let me know.

Lol.yes please. For the quotes. Not the affair. I'm really busy at the moment
Going to sulk now (sleep)
Will post details for you 1st thing in morning.

P.s. thanks for the polite turn down.
At least I don’t feel too unwanted.

P.p.s don’t take me to seriously I am a fantastic spark but a poor lover!!!

Going to sulk now (sleep)
Will post details for you 1st thing in morning.

P.s. thanks for the polite turn down.
At least I don’t feel too unwanted.

P.p.s don’t take me to seriously I am a fantastic spark but a poor lover!!!
I'm sure you're great. Don't put yourself down! Thank you, I appreciate your help.

The copper pipe is the customers gas pipework coming from the meter.
The corrugated pipe is the incoming gas supply to the meter.

The main bonding is the green and yellow wire coming out of the floorboards and connecting to the old painted gas pipe.

Our regulations require it to be connected on the meter side of any branches in the pipework, so in this case it is technically incorrect but in practice will perform its function perfectly well as it is.

Reply to Earth bonding for meters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock