Discuss Earth bonding on to mains water in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

d3jpt

Hi trying to find my mains water inlet into my house to install some 10mm earth bonding.
The only thing i have found is the main stop cock with is in the downstairs loo. I would have to run a cable out of the loo through the wall all the way around the outside of the house into the attached garage some 25m of cable. Is it likely the mains inletcould be any where else?

Often in the kitchen under the sink, I'm guessing the meter is out in the street if there is one. Just check to see that the pipe in the loo goes elsewhere besides feeding the loo. Often stop cocks were fitted before the inline isolators were made available.

clossing the stop cock does shut of all the water to the house, it obviously comes up under the floor and just goes straight up, the house was built in the early sixties has no water meter and as found out today no earth bonding.

Check with the homeowner if there's been any plastic plumbing added, then if not, try a few wandering lead continuity checks to the kitchen, bathroom etc from there; just to get a level of comfort and then bond it. Just be careful when going through the wall as the leccy circuits obviously come in from the garage as well and may be in the wall cavity given the likely age of the house.

Reply to Earth bonding on to mains water in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
What are the regulations requirements on Earth bonding ? I am currently planning a 1st fix re wire I have the following setup Gas Meter...
Replies
Views
Please can someone explain if this is a TNCS or a TNS earthing arrangement because it looks like both to me. Old undersized main bonding conductor...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock