Discuss Earth bonding to gas in a large block of flats in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, just doing an inspection on a large block of flats. All the gas metre are in a single store cupboard on the basement floor. All are 10mm bonded there within 600mm. There is no earth bonding to the pipes entering the flats themselves. Is additional bonding required within each of the flats ie with 600mm the gas cut off switch? Flat is partially RCD protected, 20 years old, no supplementary bonding. A lead test in the flat is 0.54ohms. Would class this as a code 2 or pass?. Thanks

Reply to Earth bonding to gas in a large block of flats in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Did a eicr on a upstairs flat, there is 1 main bonding cable from the consumer unit, the gas pipe comes from the gas meter outside and up the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, went to have a look at a job today, customer has had gas supply company out (for another issue) and they have commented that the protective...
Replies
Views
I’m sure this has been covered a squillion times before but advice please. EICR on block of 5 flats all with separate electrical supplies &...
Replies
Views
A 'Sunday challenge' for the qualified electricians.... Can anyone explain why a built-in gas meter housing box that is located 600mm above a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock