Discuss Earth loop impedence Zs for 3ph systems in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Test Probes

I know on a 3 phase supply system ie; a DB, you measure PFC & PFCC taking the highest of the two reading and doubling it. This is then recorded. But what about say a 3 phase motor for example where you measure each Line and record it on the schedule of test results. Is the result recorded as is or do we have to double it?

Many thanks. That is what I did but my supervisor questioned me about such a high reading even when I pointed out that it was a 3 phase item.

I was measuring two 3 phase air conditioner on the roof of a building which we were testing. Dead test had been completed. We then tested live for earth loop impedence Zs. I tested L1, L2 & L3. I then doubled each of the results and recorded each result on the schedule of test result form. There were a number of 3 phase items on the on DB as well.

The PFC was normal but I doubled it and my supervisor said it was too high. I don't think he realised I had doubled the result.

Reply to Earth loop impedence Zs for 3ph systems in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I’m doing my level 3 design project at the moment, and I’m on the question where you do all the calculations on each circuit, I’ve taken the...
Replies
Views
Can someone explain this to me? The regs book calls Zs 'Earth Fault Loop Impedence' and the On-Site Guide calls Ze 'Earth Fault Loop Impedence'.
Replies
Views
Where do people record the Ze & PFC of a 3 phase installation, if there is say 10m of 25mm tails between the 4 pole isolator (next to the meter)...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock