Discuss Earth loop testing in Europe in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Martindale EZ165 and have used it previously to do basic earth loop test on sockets in the UK.
I want to carry out the same operation in italy- it's a rural house on a TT system, I want to know if the approximate Zs reading is below 200 ohms and that the sockets are all correctly earthed. It has an RCD fitted as well as the earth rod.
Can I use the EZ165 in Italy- either via a travel adaptor and plugging into the sockets or by purchasing the additional test wires?
I appreciate the best way would be to buy a dedicated earth loop tester or multifunction tester but that's not possible due to cost currently.
Or is there an EU (specifically Italian) equivalent of the EZ165?

In theory yes, although you will probably do better to make an adaptor cable with good quality plugs and sockets instead of using a travel adaptor, which make notoriously bad contact and could spoil the results. Both of the types of plug used in Italy are non-polarised, so you will have to insert the adaptor / adaptor cable in whichever orientation gives the correct lights on the tester.

Reply to Earth loop testing in Europe in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views
Somewhere I have a cheap Kewtech socket tester which is handy for a simple 'probably OK' check and to verify power is on. But they will pass a...
Replies
Views
Hi. We have a circuit where some of the sockets have a dangerously high earth loop impedance. This was identified by a professional electrician. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock