Discuss Earth Rod Connectors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

ok, so stupid question. its been a while since i have used any earth rods, and the first time since i was an apprentice that its for a tt system and not an earth ref for a generator. So iv got my rods in, and im going to connect it up but i have split the connector, two of them in-fact, i wouldnt say i over tightened it as the earth wire wasn't secure yet. I must be doing something wrong but im not sure what. does anyone have any advice. The original clamps i broke were like the attached photo, i am going to get the u bolt style next time to save what is left of my pride :(

Thanks

BGE_ERTC5_8_1.jpg

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
That's a G clamp if you've broke two of them in a row it could be a manufacturer defect. I would recommend manufacturer Furse either a GUV clamp or B clamp. The latter will require you to crimp a lug onto the cable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I am going to come back and fit a b clamp and put an earth pit in next time i'm round. Should there not be a notice on the clamp saying 'safety connection do not remove'? I was thinking of stealing one from a pipe clamp and cable tying it to it.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Earth Rod Connectors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom