Discuss Earth spike for outbuiling in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

hi, I am helping second fixing an outbuilding and am having to order materials online. The building won't be pulling any more than 60Amps, ( since it is submained on a 63A breaker. We are also putting it on its own rod as the bonding conductors on the existing house aren't up to speck. What size rod would you guys recommend trying??? 14mm or 9mm??? Don't want to look a oron when they come to testing.:) Cheers all!

hi, I am helping second fixing an outbuilding and am having to order materials online. The building won't be pulling any more than 60Amps, ( since it is submained on a 63A breaker. We are also putting it on its own rod as the bonding conductors on the existing house aren't up to speck. What size rod would you guys recommend trying??? 14mm or 9mm??? Don't want to look a oron when they come to testing.:) Cheers all!
14mm wont bend as easy,the width will not make any difference to the reading. It's about geting the desired depth. They are normaly 1.2M long and you may well need 2 in series (1 No 2.4 meter rod) or more if the ground is chalky or dry. Try to hit the water table and you will get a good reading. Many years dealing with earth rods for Lightning Protection of buildings!

Reply to Earth spike for outbuiling in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Hi, My inlaws have a new garden hut arriving in three weeks to the bottom of their garden which is around 103m from the house. It has various...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I am having a few issues with the earthing at my house. This is a bit long winded but hopefully you can understand. I am not a time served...
Replies
Views
Hi, I ordered a Fluke ES165X Earth Spike Test Kit yesterday, arrived this morning, has a go with it in the garden, popped a single 5/8 rod in and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Guys I have just passed my 2391 after a 4 week course and my background is in the installation of Digital TV Systems, predominantly Integrated...
Replies
Views
JamieK
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock