Discuss Earth Test showing >2000 ohms? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Hi Guys..
Kinda new to this testing, but yesterday i did a earth loop test using the Fluke 1653 tester.
I put the prongs on E-L-N and did the test. The reading i got back was >2000 ohms. Indicating a open-circuit. I didnt have too long to look into this further but i do know that i had a earth because when i did a voltage test across L-E it indicated 243v.
The test was done on a commercial building with several distribution boards, if this matters.

Thanks in advance for any feedback...

i think one of your probes wasnt quite touching the terminal mate.

if you didnt have an earth it would come up error 4

Reply to Earth Test showing >2000 ohms? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Im a RECI contractor based in Co Sligo, Ireland . I was doing erroneous testing on a domestic board which gave me readings between 90V-...
Replies
Views
Looking for some guidance here. I'm currently shadowing a guy and we're testing a new extension on a school. 3 phase TNCS supply from the original...
Replies
Views
Earth to Neutral 2 ohm with Multimeter on alighting cct. The cable disconnected from the switchboard. I am new here and appreciate everyone...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock