Discuss Earthing am2 advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys can someone tell me what the triangle symbols mean on the earth bar as i terminated my water and gas 10mm bonding conductors into them and failed my am2 because of it ?

Thanks

Triangle? As in:
Protective earth symbols

It's the general symbol for earth, but in the context of a DB earth bar it's where you would normally connect the earthing conductor from the supply or rod. There are often terminals with no markings or marked B, for bonding conductors. Personally I always label the function of each cable with a permanent printed cable label e.g. Supply PE, Gas MEB, Water MEB etc.

Odd, was there a separate "Main Earthing Terminal" block you should have used instead?

Or was the DB earth bar numbered to match the breakers and you put it in a numbered hole (so the earth of the other circuits might not end up in the matching holes) instead of one at the other end (as above unmarked, or triangle symbol, or 'B')?

Hi guys can someone tell me what the triangle symbols mean on the earth bar as i terminated my water and gas 10mm bonding conductors into them and failed my am2 because of it ?

Thanks
Hi, As an AM2 assessor I know you would not of failed just because of that. You have two options:1: go through the appeals process which is on the NET website.
2: Kindly ask the assessor for some feedback. Don't argue with him as he is not required to give you any verbal feedback.
Regards

Hi, As an AM2 assessor I know you would not of failed just because of that. You have two options:1: go through the appeals process which is on the NET website.
2: Kindly ask the assessor for some feedback. Don't argue with him as he is not required to give you any verbal feedback.
Regards
Okay thanks ed i will try send them
An email. So Am i right in saying that its just two separate 10mm earths from the gas and water pipes to the met ? As thats what i did.

Okay thanks ed i will try send them
An email. So Am i right in saying that its just two separate 10mm earths from the gas and water pipes to the met ? As thats what i did.
that is correct. You can use two separate earth cables or one if it is a single cable all the way through. It is your choice.

But the conductor he's using is in a cable, so it's a cable too. The cable provides the necessary conductor.

Now that I have your attention re. conductors, station announcers etc please note: The wheeled vehicle that runs on the permanent way is a TRAIN, not a SERVICE. The company runs the service, using trains to transport the customers. The customers cannot board the service.

Thank you.

Reply to Earthing am2 advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net