Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Earthing conduit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all. Just a quick question for the more experience sparkies out there.

Haven't done alot of conduit work before, so am not sure babout bonding.
I'm helping to second fix a job and the builders have removed an internal wall, leaving a leg of the ring and shower cable.
Since the runs aren't in the zones of accessories or in the corners of the walls, I am sure they should be in earthed metal conduit. But where do I take the earth?? Does it go back to the MET or can it go to the earth terminal in one of the associated JBs in the roof space??

I would like to wait for one of the other sparks to do it, but if I know the builders, they will burried it the plaster, and foget about it......until the customer puts a picture up!!

Thanks.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
A

assured elec

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you checked if theses circuits are RCD protected ? if so they dont need to be in metal earthed conduit .

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the cable is not in a prescribed zone then yes it needs to be in steel conduit and can be earthed via a local circuit jb in the loft.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Earthing conduit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom